iPad’s native Skype app delayed
iPad’s native Skype application delayed
Almost two months ago we were promised the release of the native Skype application for the iPad. Well, it was a success… almost!
The Skype app was released today but, after a very short time, it was removed – the explanation was that its release was “premature”. Yet, we have been assured that the removal would be temporary.
Even if the application was quickly removed, user had enough time to try it and give feedback. So, here it is:
- The application works over Wi-Fi and 3G and it also makes possible the chat during the video call
- Conversations are clean from the audio point of view and video is smooth, with few freeze-frames
- Of course, the main advantage for the conversation is the iPad’s big screen, which allow the conversations to be “seen” more clearly and very well defined
- Among the person you have the video call with, you can also see yourself in the same window
- You can use the iPad both in portrait or landscape mode
- There is also a dial option of your Skype Online Number
At the end, Skype promised to come back soon with a new application’s UI for the iPad – will we be amazed once again?